Naxals torch two trucks in Sukma
Raipur: A group of around 60 Naxals allegedly set on fire at least two tipper trucks used in road construction work in Tongpal area of Naxal-hit Sukma district in Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, police said.
The Naxals torched two tipper trucks at the Jerum valley when the vehicles were going to Chhindgadh from Jagdalpur carrying the road construction equipment and material, Sukma SP Abhishek Shandilya told PTI over phone.
When the trucks reached Jerum valley, around 60 Maoists, including 50 armed ones, dressed as villagers, stopped the vehicles, asked the people to get down and set the trucks ablaze.
The trucks belonged to private contractors, Shandilya said adding police teams were sent to the spot.
The ultras are observing People`s Liberation Guerrilla Army week from Sunday.
Shandilya claimed that a huge police force has been deployed to thwart the attempts of Naxals from conducting operations during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre