Naxals torch two trucks in Sukma
Raipur: A group of around 60 Naxals allegedly set on fire at least two tipper trucks used in road construction work in Tongpal area of Naxal-hit Sukma district in Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, police said.
The Naxals torched two tipper trucks at the Jerum valley when the vehicles were going to Chhindgadh from Jagdalpur carrying the road construction equipment and material, Sukma SP Abhishek Shandilya told PTI over phone.
When the trucks reached Jerum valley, around 60 Maoists, including 50 armed ones, dressed as villagers, stopped the vehicles, asked the people to get down and set the trucks ablaze.
The trucks belonged to private contractors, Shandilya said adding police teams were sent to the spot.
The ultras are observing People`s Liberation Guerrilla Army week from Sunday.
Shandilya claimed that a huge police force has been deployed to thwart the attempts of Naxals from conducting operations during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you