Naxals torch two trucks in Sukma
Raipur: A group of around 60 Naxals allegedly set on fire at least two tipper trucks used in road construction work in Tongpal area of Naxal-hit Sukma district in Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, police said.
The Naxals torched two tipper trucks at the Jerum valley when the vehicles were going to Chhindgadh from Jagdalpur carrying the road construction equipment and material, Sukma SP Abhishek Shandilya told PTI over phone.
When the trucks reached Jerum valley, around 60 Maoists, including 50 armed ones, dressed as villagers, stopped the vehicles, asked the people to get down and set the trucks ablaze.
The trucks belonged to private contractors, Shandilya said adding police teams were sent to the spot.
The ultras are observing People`s Liberation Guerrilla Army week from Sunday.
Shandilya claimed that a huge police force has been deployed to thwart the attempts of Naxals from conducting operations during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past