Naya Raipur to have `Jungle Safari`
Raipur: India`s biggest man-made `Jungle Safari` will come up on 200 acres in Naya Raipur, the high-tech city set to replace Raipur as Chhattisgarh`s new capital next month.
Chief Minister Raman Singh performed `bhoomi pujan` ritual and laid the foundation stone of the project at Khandwa village Thursday. Cabinet colleagues and top officials of the forest department attended.
"The project is expected to be completed within two years. It`ll be an ideal place for tourists," Dhirendra Sharma, principal chief conservator of forests, told reporters.
"Jungle Safari has been divided into eight zones. It will have wild animals moving freely in natural surroundings. The visitors will be able to watch the animals sitting in covered vehicles in a pollution-free environment," he said.
There will be safaris for tigers, lions and bears and some other wild animals.
The project would comprise of a zoo and 52 hectares covered by a reservoir. The visitors will be able to spot ghariyals, exotic fish and birds at the reservoir.
Located around 20 km from here, Naya Raipur is said to be India`s first greenfield city.
It will have five-star hotels, special economic zones, a garment park, a residential township with a golf course, amusement park, super-specialty hospitals, commercial office space, museums, entertainment parks, botanical garden, an education hub, malls and a sports complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands