NCB to open Chhattisgarh office
Raipur: The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is set to open an office in Chhattisgarh.
"Seeing the gravity of drug trafficking in Chhattisgarh, the government had sent a proposal to the central government to open an NCB office here," said Principal Secretary (Home) N K Aswal.
The proposal, he said, had been approved. "The office will start functioning soon."
Chhattisgarh has been a hub of drug trafficking, mainly of Ganja(cannabis), which is smuggled from Odisha for supplying to other parts of the country, officials say. Raipur is reputedly a transit point.
The traffickers are believed to connected to Maoists active in Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand and Maharashtra.
The anti-narcotics monitoring in Chhattisgarh was so far handled by NCB`s Indore office.
An NCB officer posted in Mandsore district of Madhya Pradesh, a state known for opium and cannabis cultivation, will head the Chhattisgarh office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!