NCB to open Chhattisgarh office
Raipur: The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is set to open an office in Chhattisgarh.
"Seeing the gravity of drug trafficking in Chhattisgarh, the government had sent a proposal to the central government to open an NCB office here," said Principal Secretary (Home) N K Aswal.
The proposal, he said, had been approved. "The office will start functioning soon."
Chhattisgarh has been a hub of drug trafficking, mainly of Ganja(cannabis), which is smuggled from Odisha for supplying to other parts of the country, officials say. Raipur is reputedly a transit point.
The traffickers are believed to connected to Maoists active in Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand and Maharashtra.
The anti-narcotics monitoring in Chhattisgarh was so far handled by NCB`s Indore office.
An NCB officer posted in Mandsore district of Madhya Pradesh, a state known for opium and cannabis cultivation, will head the Chhattisgarh office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what