New Chhattisgarh DGP to focus on curbing Naxalism
Raipur: Chhattisgarh`s new police chief Friday sought cooperation from all concerned to effectively tackle Naxalism and asserted that his force is committed to protect human rights of citizens.
Ramniwas, who today took charge as Director General of Police, later told reporters that Maoist insurgency is the biggest problem facing Chhattisgarh and it is also a challenge to democratic values of the country.
The Naxal menace will be curbed under guidance of the State and Central Governments and cooperation of all concerned, he said.
The senior IPS officer called upon youth living in the Naxal-hit areas to take benefit of the Government`s welfare schemes and join the national mainstream.
Police personnel and officers posted in the Maoist-affected areas work under difficult circumstances and they should be provided good facilities, the DGP said.
The police force will be continuously trained to upgrade their skills and tackle any situation. It will also be equipped to handle cyber crimes, Ramniwas said.
He said Chhattisgarh police is fully committed to protect human rights of citizens.
Ramniwas expressed concerned among rising suicide cases among the state police and said efforts are on to ensure the men in uniform discharge their duty in a stress-free atmosphere.
Earlier, the new DGP paid tributes to martyred policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!