New Chhattisgarh DGP to focus on curbing Naxalism
Raipur: Chhattisgarh`s new police chief Friday sought cooperation from all concerned to effectively tackle Naxalism and asserted that his force is committed to protect human rights of citizens.
Ramniwas, who today took charge as Director General of Police, later told reporters that Maoist insurgency is the biggest problem facing Chhattisgarh and it is also a challenge to democratic values of the country.
The Naxal menace will be curbed under guidance of the State and Central Governments and cooperation of all concerned, he said.
The senior IPS officer called upon youth living in the Naxal-hit areas to take benefit of the Government`s welfare schemes and join the national mainstream.
Police personnel and officers posted in the Maoist-affected areas work under difficult circumstances and they should be provided good facilities, the DGP said.
The police force will be continuously trained to upgrade their skills and tackle any situation. It will also be equipped to handle cyber crimes, Ramniwas said.
He said Chhattisgarh police is fully committed to protect human rights of citizens.
Ramniwas expressed concerned among rising suicide cases among the state police and said efforts are on to ensure the men in uniform discharge their duty in a stress-free atmosphere.
Earlier, the new DGP paid tributes to martyred policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?