NHRC notice to Chhattisgarh on alleged gang-rape of 11 minors
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Monday issued a notice to Chhattisgarh Chief Secretary and police chief asking them to submit a report on the alleged gang rape 11 minor tribal girls in Kanker.
"The Commission has sought report from state Chief Secretary and Director General of Police in four weeks about the steps taken in providing medical care to the victims as well as for the protection of inmates of the hostel," a statement from the NHRC said.
Eleven minor tribal girls of a state-run government hostel in Kanker were allegedly sexually exploited by their teacher and a watchman.
The incident came to light on January 7, and the Commission also received complaints seeking appropriate action on the issue, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi