NHRC notice to Chhattisgarh on alleged gang-rape of 11 minors
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Monday issued a notice to Chhattisgarh Chief Secretary and police chief asking them to submit a report on the alleged gang rape 11 minor tribal girls in Kanker.
"The Commission has sought report from state Chief Secretary and Director General of Police in four weeks about the steps taken in providing medical care to the victims as well as for the protection of inmates of the hostel," a statement from the NHRC said.
Eleven minor tribal girls of a state-run government hostel in Kanker were allegedly sexually exploited by their teacher and a watchman.
The incident came to light on January 7, and the Commission also received complaints seeking appropriate action on the issue, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials