NHRC notice to Chhattisgarh on alleged gang-rape of 11 minors
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Monday issued a notice to Chhattisgarh Chief Secretary and police chief asking them to submit a report on the alleged gang rape 11 minor tribal girls in Kanker.
"The Commission has sought report from state Chief Secretary and Director General of Police in four weeks about the steps taken in providing medical care to the victims as well as for the protection of inmates of the hostel," a statement from the NHRC said.
Eleven minor tribal girls of a state-run government hostel in Kanker were allegedly sexually exploited by their teacher and a watchman.
The incident came to light on January 7, and the Commission also received complaints seeking appropriate action on the issue, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen