No talks, fight against Naxals to intensify: Chhattisgarh CM
New Delhi: Ruling out any dialogue with Naxalites, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Tuesday said that fight against left-wing extremists will be intensified in the coming days.
"The recent Naxal attack in the state has ruled out any option of dialogue with them. There will be no talks. The fight against Naxalites will be intensified," Singh said in an interview here.
He said the Chhattisgarh government will coordinate with the Centre to seek any technological support like deployment of advanced equipment to detect Improvised Explosive Device (IED) and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV).
"Whatever technological support is needed, we will take from the Centre," Singh said.
Terming the May 25 Maoist attack in Bastar region as a step carried out in frustration, the Chief Minister said that the state government will continue to do development work despite the threats posed by them.
"Maoists are anti-development. The recent attack shows that it was an attempt out of frustration to gain limelight. The government will take appropriate strict measures to check such attempts," he said.
The Chief Minister of the BJP-ruled state denied any "intelligence failure" by central and state security agencies on the Naxals attack which killed senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, an architect of `Salwa Judum` (anti-Naxal vigilante group), State Pradesh Congress Chief Nand Kumar Patel and his son Dinesh among 27 people.
Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister V C Shukla, who was among those injured in the attack, is at present undergoing treatment at Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon.
"Intelligence has been there. But there was no specific alert on the attack," he said.
Singh also asked opposition parties not to politicise the issue and sought their support to fight the menace of Naxalism.
"Naxalism is not a state-specific problem. It is a problem of the country. All should unite against it," said the CM, who is here to participate in a day-long conference on internal security here tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement