Obama, Sonia, Rahul photos at Maoist camp
Raipur: US President Barack Obama, President Pratibha Patil, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul are amongst the several leaders whose photographs were found in a deserted Maoist camp in Chhattisgarh, police officials said on Tuesday.
The photographs, also including those of Chief Minister Raman Singh and some ministers, were found pasted at a camp in a jungle area in Raipur district that was deserted by Maoists after a fierce 15-minute gun battle, officials at the police headquarters said.
"The Maoists deserted the camp after a brief and intense battle. We found some explosive material, Maoist literature, huge medicines and pictures pasted on paper sheets," an official said.
He added that the pictures were probably just used by Maoist leaders to introduce new recruits to top leaders of the state, country and the world.
The camp was based in Nawagarh area, about 150 km from Raipur. The area comes in the same region where Maoists killed nine policemen, including an additional superintendent of police rank official, in late May.
Others in the picture gallery included Home Minister P Chidambaram, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, Bharatiya Janata Party`s Uma Bharti and even tennis player Sania Mirza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP