Obama, Sonia, Rahul photos at Maoist camp
Raipur: US President Barack Obama, President Pratibha Patil, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul are amongst the several leaders whose photographs were found in a deserted Maoist camp in Chhattisgarh, police officials said on Tuesday.
The photographs, also including those of Chief Minister Raman Singh and some ministers, were found pasted at a camp in a jungle area in Raipur district that was deserted by Maoists after a fierce 15-minute gun battle, officials at the police headquarters said.
"The Maoists deserted the camp after a brief and intense battle. We found some explosive material, Maoist literature, huge medicines and pictures pasted on paper sheets," an official said.
He added that the pictures were probably just used by Maoist leaders to introduce new recruits to top leaders of the state, country and the world.
The camp was based in Nawagarh area, about 150 km from Raipur. The area comes in the same region where Maoists killed nine policemen, including an additional superintendent of police rank official, in late May.
Others in the picture gallery included Home Minister P Chidambaram, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, Bharatiya Janata Party`s Uma Bharti and even tennis player Sania Mirza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi