One arrested on charges of selling infants
Raipur: The Raipur police on Friday arrested a
person for allegedly selling infants from the ashram he ran at
the outskirts of the state capital here.
The accused has been identified as Narayan Rao, who
was running Gurukul Ashram near Nandanvan?about 10 km from
A local news channel through a sting operation
yesterday exposed the sensational incident while Rao was
allegedly trying to sell an infant for Rs 2.50-lakh. Following
the exposure, the senior officials of Social Welfare
Department today raided the ashram.
Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar said that Rao was
arrested today under Section 372 of the Indian Penal Code
The Department had informed serious irregularities in
the working of the ashram even as the record maintained was
incomplete and had many flaws.
Besides 21 children from the Naxal-infested areas, 51
inmates were staying in the ashram. The Department officials
found two children missing. Even the ashram did not have any
record of the persons who had adopted five tribal children.
The Department officials said they had seized the
documents from the ashram and would be submitting a report to
the district administration.
The newly constituted 11-member consultative committee
has former CM Keshubhai Patel, former state BJP head
Purushottam Rupala, former state president Rajendrasinh Rana,
former minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama, former MP Jayantibhai
Barot, finance minister Vajubhai Vala, state revenue minister
Anandiben Patel, irrigation minister Nitin Patel, senior
leader Kanjibhai Patel and Anant Dave and minister of state
for home Amit Shah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"