One CAF personnel killed, 3 injured in Naxal encounter
Raipur: A security personnel of Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) was on Wednesday killed and three others were injured in an encounter with naxalites in the state`s Maoist-hit Sukma district, police said.
"The incident took place in the jungles of Kistaram police station area of the district when the CAF jawans were on a combing operation in the region early this morning," a senior police official told a news agency over phone.
When the patrolling party reached near the forest of Kistaram village, the Naxals opened indiscriminate fire on them, killing one jawan and injuring three others, the official said.
Naxals also looted three rifles of jawans, he said.
The killed personnel was identified as constable Parshu Markam.
The injured - platoon commander Bhagwat Baghel, head constables Ramnarayan Singh and Rajbahor Patel - were referred to Jagdalpur town for treatment, the official said, adding that additional forces have been rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?