One killed, four injured as goods trains collide
Bilaspur: A Railway employee was killed and four others were injured when a goods train rammed into a stationary freight train in Chhattisgarh`s Bilaspur district, officials said.
The incident took place at Dagauri station on the Bilaspur-Raipur section of the South East Central (SEC) Railway.
A goods train bound for Raipur from Bilha collided with the stationary train at Dagauri, leading to derailment of eight bogies, SEC Railway spokesperson Santosh Kumar said.
An employee of signal and telecommunication department was killed in the mishap, he said, adding the driver, co-driver of the goods train and two others were injured.
The accident affected movement of trains on the section, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city