One killed, four injured as goods trains collide
Bilaspur: A Railway employee was killed and four others were injured when a goods train rammed into a stationary freight train in Chhattisgarh`s Bilaspur district, officials said.
The incident took place at Dagauri station on the Bilaspur-Raipur section of the South East Central (SEC) Railway.
A goods train bound for Raipur from Bilha collided with the stationary train at Dagauri, leading to derailment of eight bogies, SEC Railway spokesperson Santosh Kumar said.
An employee of signal and telecommunication department was killed in the mishap, he said, adding the driver, co-driver of the goods train and two others were injured.
The accident affected movement of trains on the section, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins, party's Mumbai unit chief Ashish Shelar's brother loses