One killed, four injured as goods trains collide
Bilaspur: A Railway employee was killed and four others were injured when a goods train rammed into a stationary freight train in Chhattisgarh`s Bilaspur district, officials said.
The incident took place at Dagauri station on the Bilaspur-Raipur section of the South East Central (SEC) Railway.
A goods train bound for Raipur from Bilha collided with the stationary train at Dagauri, leading to derailment of eight bogies, SEC Railway spokesperson Santosh Kumar said.
An employee of signal and telecommunication department was killed in the mishap, he said, adding the driver, co-driver of the goods train and two others were injured.
The accident affected movement of trains on the section, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it