One Naxalite gunned down in Chhattisgarh
Raigarh: One Naxalite was gunned down during an exchange of fire in the district here, police said on Friday.
State DGP Anil M Nawani told reporters here that the
Naxalite was killed during an exchange of fire in Karramal and
Paridhapali jungle under Baramkela police station.
An AK 47 rifle, three magazines, two detonators, a
tiffin bomb and other material was recovered from the
location, he said.
According to Nawani, after getting a tip-off that a
group of 50 Naxalites were holding a meeting with the local
villagers in Karramal jungle, a joint squad of police force
and Special Task Force was sent to the location.
After spotting the security forces, the Naxalites
opened fire and during the police retaliation, one of the
Naxalites was gunned down, while other escaped from the spot,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?