One Naxalite gunned down in Chhattisgarh
Raigarh: One Naxalite was gunned down during an exchange of fire in the district here, police said on Friday.
State DGP Anil M Nawani told reporters here that the
Naxalite was killed during an exchange of fire in Karramal and
Paridhapali jungle under Baramkela police station.
An AK 47 rifle, three magazines, two detonators, a
tiffin bomb and other material was recovered from the
location, he said.
According to Nawani, after getting a tip-off that a
group of 50 Naxalites were holding a meeting with the local
villagers in Karramal jungle, a joint squad of police force
and Special Task Force was sent to the location.
After spotting the security forces, the Naxalites
opened fire and during the police retaliation, one of the
Naxalites was gunned down, while other escaped from the spot,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore