Outlawed Maoists may augment aggression next year, fears IB
Raipur: The next year is likely to pose a bigger challenge to the counter-insurgency operation in Chhattisgarh where the CPI(Maoist) is planning to observe its 10th year of foundation and is being feared to unite all Naxal groups in the country to carry out major `events`.
"Senior members of the outlawed CPI(Maoist) held a meeting in the state`s Gariyaband forest bordering Odisha recently to chalk out the strategy for next year, which will see a decade of its formation," a state intelligence bureau official said.
Expanding base areas, logistic support base in urban areas, multi-layered networking among like-minded people, publication of Maoist literature comprising biography of the killed cadres, PLGA bulletin and documentary film making on their ideology are among the important issues discussed in the meeting aimed for next year planning, the official said.
The Maoist Communist Centre (MCC) and People`s War Group (PWG) merged to form CPI(Maoist) on September 21, 2004 and since then they have been observing foundation week from September 21 to 27.
"Like every year, Left Wing guerrillas will observe a foundation week during this period next year but due to completion of ten years of its formation, they may observe it throughout the year in varied ways with aggressive tone, as per documents received from Naxal camps," the official said.
One of their prime agenda for next year is to regain their base in those areas where they lost hold in the recent past and intensify conversion of People`s Liberation Guerrilla Army in to People`s Liberation Army for fighting a violent armed struggle with government forces, he said.
Sixteen of 27 districts in Chhattisgarh are Naxal-hit in varying degrees, with significant consolidation in southern part of the state bordering AP, Maharashtra and Odisha.
The Naxals will make an attempt to activate their friendly NGOs to step up propaganda and induct more heads in other parts of the state, the IB official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM