Over 100 NSUI activists arrested in Raipur
Raipur: Nearly 100 National Students` Union of India (NSUI) activists, who were on their way to gherao the State Assembly demanding student elections in universities, were arrested here Wednesday, police said.
The activists were stopped at the Avantibai Lodhi Chowk. and arrested after the use of mild force when they tried to cross the safety barricades, they said.
The activists were kept in a temporary jail for sometime and were released soon afterwards, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police