Over 100 NSUI activists arrested in Raipur
Raipur: Nearly 100 National Students` Union of India (NSUI) activists, who were on their way to gherao the State Assembly demanding student elections in universities, were arrested here Wednesday, police said.
The activists were stopped at the Avantibai Lodhi Chowk. and arrested after the use of mild force when they tried to cross the safety barricades, they said.
The activists were kept in a temporary jail for sometime and were released soon afterwards, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy