Over 1000 cams to monitor hyper-sensitive booths in Bastar
Raipur: Over one thousand cameras will be installed at hyper-sensitive polling stations of Naxal-affected Bastar region in Chhattisgarh to prevent bogus voting and monitor the polling process during the Assembly Elections in November.
"The Election Commission has made arrangements to install one thousand cameras in polling booths of Bastar and it can be raised further according to the need," Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath said on Saturday.
The decision has been taken after some political parties in the state raised doubts over the conduct of an impartial and fearless election in Naxal-affected Bastar and demanded videography of hyper-sensitive polling booths in the region, he said.
An EC team comprising the CEC, election commissioner H S Brahma and other senior officials is on a two-day visit to the state to review the poll arrangements ahead of Assembly elections to be held in two phases in November.
"The commission held an elaborate discussions with police and administration officials for conducting fearless and fair polls and we are satisfied with preparations," Sampath said, adding adequate security arrangements are in place to ensure fair and peaceful elections and the law and order situation is being closely monitored.
A total of 21,424 polling booths will be set up, out of which 6,920 are sensitive and 3,249 are hyper-sensitive, the CEC said.
On relocation of hyper-sensitive polling stations in Bastar, Sampath said, "the EC had reviewed to relocate around 300 booths and after strengthening security arrangements there, it (the number) has been reduced to half."
The CEC said efforts will be made to take those polling booths, which are not approachable and did not have proper connectivity in Bastar, closer to villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy