Panel to probe ‘fake’ encounter of tribal woman
Raipur (Chhattisgarh): Chhattisgarh Chief
Minister Raman Singh has said the one-member judicial
commission appointed to probe into the allegations of fake
encounter of a tribal woman in Sarguja district will
investigate the matter impartially and guilty will not be
spared, sources quoting him said on Wednesday.
"The state government has taken the matter very
seriously and has already set up a one-member judicial panel
headed by Anita Jha, district and sessions judge of Bilaspur.
The commission will submit its report within three months.
Anyone found guilty in the probe will not be spared," sources
said quoting Singh.
The victim Meena Khalkho, a tribal woman, was
allegedly killed in an encounter with police on July 6 under
Chando police station limits in Sarguja revenue district of
The Opposition Congress has alleged that Khalkho was
raped by the policemen before being murdered.
According to the special order issued by the state
government in this regard, the probe will be based on six
points and would verify the claim of the police that the
victim was a naxalite commander and was engaged into an
encounter with around 30-35 cadres in Navadih village on July
Prominent among the six points are the circumstances
that led to death of the victim, other evidences and the
measures to be adopted to prevent recurrence of such
The Opposition Congress had yesterday disrupted the
proceedings of Chhattisgarh Assembly demanding an adjournment
motion over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune