Passenger train derails; Naxal involvement suspected
Raipur: One bogie and engine of a passenger train on Thursday got derailed at Chhattisgarh`s Naxal-affected Dantewada district, police said.
The Kirandul-Vishakhapatnam passenger train got derailed at around 0600 hours, 45 minutes after it left Kirandul railway station and was approaching Bhansi railway
station, police officials told a news agency.
However, no casualties have been reported, they said.
Additional police force and relief train rushed to the spot immediately after receiving information about the derailment, they said adding railway officials also reached
the spot and repair work is on.
Goods train movement on the route has been affected due to the incident, they said.
Police officials said that slip, banner among others related to Naxals have not been recovered from the spot but are suspecting the involvement of the extremists in the
Further investigations are on, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India