Passenger train derails; Naxal involvement suspected
Raipur: One bogie and engine of a passenger train on Thursday got derailed at Chhattisgarh`s Naxal-affected Dantewada district, police said.
The Kirandul-Vishakhapatnam passenger train got derailed at around 0600 hours, 45 minutes after it left Kirandul railway station and was approaching Bhansi railway
station, police officials told a news agency.
However, no casualties have been reported, they said.
Additional police force and relief train rushed to the spot immediately after receiving information about the derailment, they said adding railway officials also reached
the spot and repair work is on.
Goods train movement on the route has been affected due to the incident, they said.
Police officials said that slip, banner among others related to Naxals have not been recovered from the spot but are suspecting the involvement of the extremists in the
Further investigations are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook