PM couldn`t muster courage to hold public rally in Chhattisgarh: Sushma Swaraj
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Raipur: After Prime Minister Manmohan Singh addressed party workers in an indoor stadium in Chhattisgarh, BJP leader Sushma Swaraj took a dig at Singh saying he could not muster courage to hold a public rally.
“PM could not muster courage to hold public rally in Chhattisgarh, so he addressed party workers in an indoor stadium,” Sushma said.
In his address, the PM pointed out the Naxal attack incident on the Congress leaders and said that the security in the state has deteriorated during the BJP rule under Chief Minister Raman Singh.
“BJP leaders said after Naxal attack on Congress leaders the government showed empathy but they forgot to speak about lack of security that killed the leaders.”
Reacting to PM’s statement in Chhattisgarh, Sushma said, “Raman Singh is above Congress leaders. We did not need to conspire for a Naxal attack.”
Singh attacked the BJP government for Maoist attacks and development failure while trying to gather support for Congress’ chief ministerial candidate Ajit Jogi ahead of the Chhattisgarh Assembly election.
The PM also said that the BJP is trying to fool people by pretending to be a secular party, adding that the Congress will never resort to cheap politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!