PM couldn`t muster courage to hold public rally in Chhattisgarh: Sushma Swaraj
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Raipur: After Prime Minister Manmohan Singh addressed party workers in an indoor stadium in Chhattisgarh, BJP leader Sushma Swaraj took a dig at Singh saying he could not muster courage to hold a public rally.
“PM could not muster courage to hold public rally in Chhattisgarh, so he addressed party workers in an indoor stadium,” Sushma said.
In his address, the PM pointed out the Naxal attack incident on the Congress leaders and said that the security in the state has deteriorated during the BJP rule under Chief Minister Raman Singh.
“BJP leaders said after Naxal attack on Congress leaders the government showed empathy but they forgot to speak about lack of security that killed the leaders.”
Reacting to PM’s statement in Chhattisgarh, Sushma said, “Raman Singh is above Congress leaders. We did not need to conspire for a Naxal attack.”
Singh attacked the BJP government for Maoist attacks and development failure while trying to gather support for Congress’ chief ministerial candidate Ajit Jogi ahead of the Chhattisgarh Assembly election.
The PM also said that the BJP is trying to fool people by pretending to be a secular party, adding that the Congress will never resort to cheap politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred