PMT paper leak: Court rejects bail plea of 5
Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh): A sessions court on Friday refused to grant bail to five accused, including four students, in the pre-medical entrance test (PMT) question
paper leak case.
Hemant Dixit had filed a bail petition, while the PMT
candidates -- Saranya Upadhyay, Nidhi Shrivastav, Pooja Rathod
and Anita Sahu -- had filed anticipatory bail pleas.
Additional sessions judge Hemant Saraf rejected all the
applications stating that the offence was serious and had led
to cancellation of the state-wide examination affecting the
future of thousands of medical aspirants.
Following the discovery of the paper leak on June 18, the
test scheduled for the next day had to be cancelled.
Police arrested 12 people in connection with the case.
About 70 students, who were found to have access to the
leaked paper, too have been made accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes