PMT paper leak: Court rejects bail plea of 5
Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh): A sessions court on Friday refused to grant bail to five accused, including four students, in the pre-medical entrance test (PMT) question
paper leak case.
Hemant Dixit had filed a bail petition, while the PMT
candidates -- Saranya Upadhyay, Nidhi Shrivastav, Pooja Rathod
and Anita Sahu -- had filed anticipatory bail pleas.
Additional sessions judge Hemant Saraf rejected all the
applications stating that the offence was serious and had led
to cancellation of the state-wide examination affecting the
future of thousands of medical aspirants.
Following the discovery of the paper leak on June 18, the
test scheduled for the next day had to be cancelled.
Police arrested 12 people in connection with the case.
About 70 students, who were found to have access to the
leaked paper, too have been made accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what