Poacher from Chattisgarh nabbed
Udhagamandalam(TN): A poacher from Chattisgarh was nabbed on Wednesday by forest department officials in Thengumudra forest area and a knife and a string noose seized from him.
Forest department sources said the man,identified as Pappu Rohitkumar Singh from Chattisgarh was nabbed after he was found moving about in a suspicious manner in Tulukkanpatti in Thengumarada forest area, with a knife and string noose.
On being questioned, the man revealed that he and his accomplices poached elephants and tigers over a period of time, they said.
The officials said combing operations had been carried out over the last couple of days following information about suspicious movement of people in the jungles of Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka and their heightened vigil had led to the man`s arrest.
Pappu was produced before a court in Coonoor and remanded to 15 days judicial custody, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday