Police arrest 3 suspected Maoists in Chhattisgarh
Narayanpur: The police in Chhattisgarh’s Narayanpur District have arrested three suspected Maoists.
Speaking to mediapersons, the Sub-Divisional Officer of Chhattisgarh region NK Sahu said the Maoists had attacked the security men when they were returning after patrolling the area.
“Our soldiers were returning after patrolling the area, when an explosion occurred and one of our soldier was injured. We found three suspicious people moving around and immediately arrested them. We have recovered tiffin bomb, bow and arrow, wires and a detonator from them,” said Sahu.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel and the local police in a joint operation in Keelam region near Narayanpur on Wednesday nabbed the three suspects.
In a major breakthrough, police in Jharkhand’s Khunti District arrested four Maoists in an operation on March 4. They arrested them after a prolonged gun battle in a dense forest near Khunti.
The Maoist insurgency has gripped nearly a third of the country in its violent tentacles, spreading into the interiors of 20 of India’s 28 states. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report