Police arrest 3 suspected Maoists in Chhattisgarh
Narayanpur: The police in Chhattisgarh’s Narayanpur District have arrested three suspected Maoists.
Speaking to mediapersons, the Sub-Divisional Officer of Chhattisgarh region NK Sahu said the Maoists had attacked the security men when they were returning after patrolling the area.
“Our soldiers were returning after patrolling the area, when an explosion occurred and one of our soldier was injured. We found three suspicious people moving around and immediately arrested them. We have recovered tiffin bomb, bow and arrow, wires and a detonator from them,” said Sahu.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel and the local police in a joint operation in Keelam region near Narayanpur on Wednesday nabbed the three suspects.
In a major breakthrough, police in Jharkhand’s Khunti District arrested four Maoists in an operation on March 4. They arrested them after a prolonged gun battle in a dense forest near Khunti.
The Maoist insurgency has gripped nearly a third of the country in its violent tentacles, spreading into the interiors of 20 of India’s 28 states. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh