Police arrest 3 suspected Maoists in Chhattisgarh
Narayanpur: The police in Chhattisgarh’s Narayanpur District have arrested three suspected Maoists.
Speaking to mediapersons, the Sub-Divisional Officer of Chhattisgarh region NK Sahu said the Maoists had attacked the security men when they were returning after patrolling the area.
“Our soldiers were returning after patrolling the area, when an explosion occurred and one of our soldier was injured. We found three suspicious people moving around and immediately arrested them. We have recovered tiffin bomb, bow and arrow, wires and a detonator from them,” said Sahu.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel and the local police in a joint operation in Keelam region near Narayanpur on Wednesday nabbed the three suspects.
In a major breakthrough, police in Jharkhand’s Khunti District arrested four Maoists in an operation on March 4. They arrested them after a prolonged gun battle in a dense forest near Khunti.
The Maoist insurgency has gripped nearly a third of the country in its violent tentacles, spreading into the interiors of 20 of India’s 28 states. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you