Police arrest 3 suspected Maoists in Chhattisgarh
Narayanpur: The police in Chhattisgarh’s Narayanpur District have arrested three suspected Maoists.
Speaking to mediapersons, the Sub-Divisional Officer of Chhattisgarh region NK Sahu said the Maoists had attacked the security men when they were returning after patrolling the area.
“Our soldiers were returning after patrolling the area, when an explosion occurred and one of our soldier was injured. We found three suspicious people moving around and immediately arrested them. We have recovered tiffin bomb, bow and arrow, wires and a detonator from them,” said Sahu.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel and the local police in a joint operation in Keelam region near Narayanpur on Wednesday nabbed the three suspects.
In a major breakthrough, police in Jharkhand’s Khunti District arrested four Maoists in an operation on March 4. They arrested them after a prolonged gun battle in a dense forest near Khunti.
The Maoist insurgency has gripped nearly a third of the country in its violent tentacles, spreading into the interiors of 20 of India’s 28 states. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble