Police arrest 3 suspected Maoists in Chhattisgarh
Narayanpur: The police in Chhattisgarh’s Narayanpur District have arrested three suspected Maoists.
Speaking to mediapersons, the Sub-Divisional Officer of Chhattisgarh region NK Sahu said the Maoists had attacked the security men when they were returning after patrolling the area.
“Our soldiers were returning after patrolling the area, when an explosion occurred and one of our soldier was injured. We found three suspicious people moving around and immediately arrested them. We have recovered tiffin bomb, bow and arrow, wires and a detonator from them,” said Sahu.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel and the local police in a joint operation in Keelam region near Narayanpur on Wednesday nabbed the three suspects.
In a major breakthrough, police in Jharkhand’s Khunti District arrested four Maoists in an operation on March 4. They arrested them after a prolonged gun battle in a dense forest near Khunti.
The Maoist insurgency has gripped nearly a third of the country in its violent tentacles, spreading into the interiors of 20 of India’s 28 states. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- This summer, fight Melanoma with some simple tricks!
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.
- 'Bad cholesterol not linked to elderly deaths'
- Women's Kabaddi challenge set for debut, to begin alongside men's Pro Kabaddi
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside