Police constable killed in encounter with Naxals in C`garh
Raipur: One police constable was killed and
another injured when a group of Naxals opened fire on a police
team in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district.
Naxals opened fire on a joint team of Indo-Tibet Border
Force (ITBP) and the state police which was patrolling in the
Gupmadka hills under the Manpur station area, killing state
police constable Dhaneshwar Yadav and injuring another
constable Biselal Sahu, police said today.
The joint team, which was conducting anti-Naxal
operations in the forests of the Gupmadka hills since Friday
night, was returning when the outlaws attacked it, police
officials from Rajnandgaon said.
The ultras fled when the joint force returned the fire,
The two injured constables were taken to a local hospital
where Yadav succumbed. Sahu is reported to be out of danger,
An additional police team has been sent to the spot, they
said adding that search operations are still on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda