Police constable killed in encounter with Naxals in C`garh
Raipur: One police constable was killed and
another injured when a group of Naxals opened fire on a police
team in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district.
Naxals opened fire on a joint team of Indo-Tibet Border
Force (ITBP) and the state police which was patrolling in the
Gupmadka hills under the Manpur station area, killing state
police constable Dhaneshwar Yadav and injuring another
constable Biselal Sahu, police said today.
The joint team, which was conducting anti-Naxal
operations in the forests of the Gupmadka hills since Friday
night, was returning when the outlaws attacked it, police
officials from Rajnandgaon said.
The ultras fled when the joint force returned the fire,
The two injured constables were taken to a local hospital
where Yadav succumbed. Sahu is reported to be out of danger,
An additional police team has been sent to the spot, they
said adding that search operations are still on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends