Police constable killed in encounter with Naxals in C`garh
Raipur: One police constable was killed and
another injured when a group of Naxals opened fire on a police
team in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district.
Naxals opened fire on a joint team of Indo-Tibet Border
Force (ITBP) and the state police which was patrolling in the
Gupmadka hills under the Manpur station area, killing state
police constable Dhaneshwar Yadav and injuring another
constable Biselal Sahu, police said today.
The joint team, which was conducting anti-Naxal
operations in the forests of the Gupmadka hills since Friday
night, was returning when the outlaws attacked it, police
officials from Rajnandgaon said.
The ultras fled when the joint force returned the fire,
The two injured constables were taken to a local hospital
where Yadav succumbed. Sahu is reported to be out of danger,
An additional police team has been sent to the spot, they
said adding that search operations are still on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!