Police constable killed in landmine blast by Maoists
Jamshedpur: A police constable was killed
while another injured in a landmine blast triggered by Maoists at Ghatsila in Jharkhand Thursday.
The blast took place after an encounter between the
security personnel and Maoists at Daimari area in East Singhbhum district in the course of an operation to flush out extremists, DIG (Kolhan) Navin Kumar Singh said.
Police said that the blast occurred when security
personnel, including district police, were scaling nearby
hills after the encounter.
The constable killed was the body guard of the Deputy
Superintendent of Police, Ghatsila, the police said.
Additional forces have been rushed to the spot and a
massive search operation was launched in the Maoist-affected
area, which borders west Midnapore of West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16