Police constable killed in landmine blast by Maoists
Jamshedpur: A police constable was killed
while another injured in a landmine blast triggered by Maoists at Ghatsila in Jharkhand Thursday.
The blast took place after an encounter between the
security personnel and Maoists at Daimari area in East Singhbhum district in the course of an operation to flush out extremists, DIG (Kolhan) Navin Kumar Singh said.
Police said that the blast occurred when security
personnel, including district police, were scaling nearby
hills after the encounter.
The constable killed was the body guard of the Deputy
Superintendent of Police, Ghatsila, the police said.
Additional forces have been rushed to the spot and a
massive search operation was launched in the Maoist-affected
area, which borders west Midnapore of West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi