Police constable killed in landmine blast by Maoists
Jamshedpur: A police constable was killed
while another injured in a landmine blast triggered by Maoists at Ghatsila in Jharkhand Thursday.
The blast took place after an encounter between the
security personnel and Maoists at Daimari area in East Singhbhum district in the course of an operation to flush out extremists, DIG (Kolhan) Navin Kumar Singh said.
Police said that the blast occurred when security
personnel, including district police, were scaling nearby
hills after the encounter.
The constable killed was the body guard of the Deputy
Superintendent of Police, Ghatsila, the police said.
Additional forces have been rushed to the spot and a
massive search operation was launched in the Maoist-affected
area, which borders west Midnapore of West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind