Police constable shot dead, SPO abducted by Naxals in Ch`garh
Raipur: A constable was shot dead on Thursday and
a Special Police Officer was allegedly abducted by the Naxals
in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, an official said.
A Maoist was also killed in retaliatory fire at a Salwa
Judum camp in Cherpal village in the wee hours, he said.
Police constable Pawan Mandavi was shot dead, while SPO
Ramaiyya was abducted, Additional Director General of Police
(Naxal Operations) Ramnivas said.
The two went to the camp last night to attend the wedding
of a relative, he said, adding members of the Naxal Action
Group reached the spot and attacked the duo.
A Naxal was killed in retaliatory fire by the security
men present there, following which the ultras fled the scene
but took Ramaiyya with them, the official said.
Some weapons were also recovered from the deceased Naxal,
Intensive search has been launched to trace the abducted
On Tuesday, a Naxal attack on a CRPF team in Dantewada
district claimed the lives of seven jawans. The ultras had
triggered a landmine blast on a patch connecting Sukma and
Kendrapal areas of the district, blowing of a vehicle carrying
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray