Police constable shot dead, SPO abducted by Naxals in Ch`garh
Raipur: A constable was shot dead on Thursday and
a Special Police Officer was allegedly abducted by the Naxals
in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, an official said.
A Maoist was also killed in retaliatory fire at a Salwa
Judum camp in Cherpal village in the wee hours, he said.
Police constable Pawan Mandavi was shot dead, while SPO
Ramaiyya was abducted, Additional Director General of Police
(Naxal Operations) Ramnivas said.
The two went to the camp last night to attend the wedding
of a relative, he said, adding members of the Naxal Action
Group reached the spot and attacked the duo.
A Naxal was killed in retaliatory fire by the security
men present there, following which the ultras fled the scene
but took Ramaiyya with them, the official said.
Some weapons were also recovered from the deceased Naxal,
Intensive search has been launched to trace the abducted
On Tuesday, a Naxal attack on a CRPF team in Dantewada
district claimed the lives of seven jawans. The ultras had
triggered a landmine blast on a patch connecting Sukma and
Kendrapal areas of the district, blowing of a vehicle carrying
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?