Police exchange fire with Naxalites in Kakadyeli forest
Gadchiroli: An encounter took place between security forces and Naxalites in the Kakadyeli village forests in Dhanora taluka this morning, the police said here on Friday.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district police were conducting anti-Naxal operations at around 10.30 am in view of the Peoples` Liberation Guerilla Army (PLGA) Week being observed, when Naxalites hiding in the forest opened indiscriminate fire on the police which retaliated in self defence.
The exchange of fire continued for about 15 minutes, when on growing police pressure, the guerrillas fled away into the forest.
The police have recovered a rifle and some Maoist literature from the spot.
CRPF`s second-in-command Harshawardhan, Additional Superintendent of Police Rajkumar Shinde and Sub Divisional Police Officer Bangar rushed to the spot with additional reinforcements and intensified search operations in the jungle, after being informed of the incident, the police said.
An offence has been registered with the Dhanora police station and combing operations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof