Police exchange fire with Naxalites in Kakadyeli forest
Gadchiroli: An encounter took place between security forces and Naxalites in the Kakadyeli village forests in Dhanora taluka this morning, the police said here on Friday.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district police were conducting anti-Naxal operations at around 10.30 am in view of the Peoples` Liberation Guerilla Army (PLGA) Week being observed, when Naxalites hiding in the forest opened indiscriminate fire on the police which retaliated in self defence.
The exchange of fire continued for about 15 minutes, when on growing police pressure, the guerrillas fled away into the forest.
The police have recovered a rifle and some Maoist literature from the spot.
CRPF`s second-in-command Harshawardhan, Additional Superintendent of Police Rajkumar Shinde and Sub Divisional Police Officer Bangar rushed to the spot with additional reinforcements and intensified search operations in the jungle, after being informed of the incident, the police said.
An offence has been registered with the Dhanora police station and combing operations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad