Police jawan shoots self in Chhattisgarh
Rajnandgaon: A police constable allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in the naxal-hit Rajnandgaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Wednesday.
Constable Kaushal Verma (25), posted at Chilhati police station under Chowki block, shot himself with his Insas rifle at his work place during duty late last night, ASP Vivek Shukla told a news agency.
Verma died on the spot as bullet pierced his stomach, he said, adding the victim was the resident of Durg district.
The motive behind Verma killing himself was not known immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30