Police probe suicide by `Ramdev follower`
Raipur: A probe was launched Monday into a suicide by a man said to be a follower of Baba Ramdev. Police said he took the extreme step due to land-related problems, but the local media speculated he might have done so due to the police evicting the yoga guru from Delhi`s Ramlila Ground where he was protesting against graft.
Sukhuram, 60, consumed pesticide Sunday afternoon in Durg town, headquarters of Durg district, some 40 km from here. He died on way to hospital.
"We are probing the death, we found a suicide letter in which began with words `Naman to Baba Ramdev` but in the entire letter he narrated his personal land-related problem as the reason for the extreme step," Amit Kumar, Superintendent of Police, Durg district, said.
Local media reported Monday that the man might have taken the step in protest against the Delhi Police action against Ramdev past-midnight Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!