Police team return after fire exchange with Maoists at C’garh
Raipur: The police team which was engaged in an encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district returned on Thursday safely.
On return, as per police, they cremated a Naxal who was killed in the encounter yesterday.
Acting on a tip off, a joint team of STF, district police force and Koya Commando went to search for Ganesh Uike, Maoist secretary of the nearby Darbha division committee.
After the team reached the spot, the Naxalites opened fire at the personnel who retaliated.
Police later recovered the body of a Maoist who was killed in the attack alongwith Naxal literature, a gun and explosives, police told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy