Police team return after fire exchange with Maoists at C’garh
Raipur: The police team which was engaged in an encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district returned on Thursday safely.
On return, as per police, they cremated a Naxal who was killed in the encounter yesterday.
Acting on a tip off, a joint team of STF, district police force and Koya Commando went to search for Ganesh Uike, Maoist secretary of the nearby Darbha division committee.
After the team reached the spot, the Naxalites opened fire at the personnel who retaliated.
Police later recovered the body of a Maoist who was killed in the attack alongwith Naxal literature, a gun and explosives, police told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice