Police team return after fire exchange with Maoists at C’garh
Raipur: The police team which was engaged in an encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district returned on Thursday safely.
On return, as per police, they cremated a Naxal who was killed in the encounter yesterday.
Acting on a tip off, a joint team of STF, district police force and Koya Commando went to search for Ganesh Uike, Maoist secretary of the nearby Darbha division committee.
After the team reached the spot, the Naxalites opened fire at the personnel who retaliated.
Police later recovered the body of a Maoist who was killed in the attack alongwith Naxal literature, a gun and explosives, police told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone