Police team return after fire exchange with Maoists at C’garh
Raipur: The police team which was engaged in an encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district returned on Thursday safely.
On return, as per police, they cremated a Naxal who was killed in the encounter yesterday.
Acting on a tip off, a joint team of STF, district police force and Koya Commando went to search for Ganesh Uike, Maoist secretary of the nearby Darbha division committee.
After the team reached the spot, the Naxalites opened fire at the personnel who retaliated.
Police later recovered the body of a Maoist who was killed in the attack alongwith Naxal literature, a gun and explosives, police told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’