Police unearth Naxal dump in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A huge cache of explosives was seized from a Naxal dump in Kondagaon district by a joint team of Chhattisgarh Sashastra Bal and local police, a senior officer said on Wednesday.
Police also recovered an Electronic Voting Machine (EVM).
The recovery is significant since the explosives were supposed to be used by the ultras in future operations against security forces, Kondagaon SP D Shravan said.
"The seizure includes 13 units of pipe bomb, a China-made hand-grenade, an IED device, electric coil, 30 booby-trap corsets, an EVM, batteries and chargers, besides Naxal literature," he said.
The joint team of Bayanar District Police and Chhattisgarh Sashastra Bal during their search and area domination exercise last night received a tip-off about the site located on Ghodapara hillock near Kejang village, the SP said.
According to police some outlaws were present at the spot when police swooped in the wee hours but managed to escape.
A cash reward of Rs 15,000 each to the members of the team that carried out the operation has been announced, Shravan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'