Police unearth Naxal dump in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A huge cache of explosives was seized from a Naxal dump in Kondagaon district by a joint team of Chhattisgarh Sashastra Bal and local police, a senior officer said on Wednesday.
Police also recovered an Electronic Voting Machine (EVM).
The recovery is significant since the explosives were supposed to be used by the ultras in future operations against security forces, Kondagaon SP D Shravan said.
"The seizure includes 13 units of pipe bomb, a China-made hand-grenade, an IED device, electric coil, 30 booby-trap corsets, an EVM, batteries and chargers, besides Naxal literature," he said.
The joint team of Bayanar District Police and Chhattisgarh Sashastra Bal during their search and area domination exercise last night received a tip-off about the site located on Ghodapara hillock near Kejang village, the SP said.
According to police some outlaws were present at the spot when police swooped in the wee hours but managed to escape.
A cash reward of Rs 15,000 each to the members of the team that carried out the operation has been announced, Shravan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi