Police unearth Naxal dump in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A huge cache of explosives was seized from a Naxal dump in Kondagaon district by a joint team of Chhattisgarh Sashastra Bal and local police, a senior officer said on Wednesday.
Police also recovered an Electronic Voting Machine (EVM).
The recovery is significant since the explosives were supposed to be used by the ultras in future operations against security forces, Kondagaon SP D Shravan said.
"The seizure includes 13 units of pipe bomb, a China-made hand-grenade, an IED device, electric coil, 30 booby-trap corsets, an EVM, batteries and chargers, besides Naxal literature," he said.
The joint team of Bayanar District Police and Chhattisgarh Sashastra Bal during their search and area domination exercise last night received a tip-off about the site located on Ghodapara hillock near Kejang village, the SP said.
According to police some outlaws were present at the spot when police swooped in the wee hours but managed to escape.
A cash reward of Rs 15,000 each to the members of the team that carried out the operation has been announced, Shravan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof