Policeman injured in encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A police constable was injured on Tuesday in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh`s Dhamtari district.
The gun-battle took place when the joint party of CRPF and state police was patrolling in the forests of Khallari village under Borai police station limits, about 150 kms from Raipur, Inspector General (IG), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Zulfiqar Hasan told PTI.
On seeing the search party, the ultras opened fire on it injuring police constable Jitendra Yadav, the IG said, adding he was admitted to Dhamtari district hospital.
The security forces have recovered two tiffin bombs, a wire, naxal literature, commodities of daily use indicating that the Maoist platoon was camping in the region, he said.
On June 1, CRPF Assistant Commandant SK Das was killed in the same area during an encounter with Naxals while leading a combing operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them