Policeman injured in encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A police constable was injured on Tuesday in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh`s Dhamtari district.
The gun-battle took place when the joint party of CRPF and state police was patrolling in the forests of Khallari village under Borai police station limits, about 150 kms from Raipur, Inspector General (IG), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Zulfiqar Hasan told PTI.
On seeing the search party, the ultras opened fire on it injuring police constable Jitendra Yadav, the IG said, adding he was admitted to Dhamtari district hospital.
The security forces have recovered two tiffin bombs, a wire, naxal literature, commodities of daily use indicating that the Maoist platoon was camping in the region, he said.
On June 1, CRPF Assistant Commandant SK Das was killed in the same area during an encounter with Naxals while leading a combing operation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India