Policemen suspended after Maoists fire at Usendi`s house
Raipur: Four policemen including a head constable were suspended on Saturday in connection with the Maoists` firing at Chhattisgarh Women and Child Welfare Minister Lata Usendi`s residence in Kondagaon district, police said.
Kondagaon`s new SP Prashant Agarwal told a news agency that when Maoists opened fire on May 17, out of the five deputed policemen, only one them, Ratanlal was present on duty at the Minister`s house.
Head constable Vishwarajsingh Solanki alongwith three others --Amarnath Nag, Farsuram Markam and Vritnarayan Bhagat -- were suspended for negligence, he said.
Left alone during the attack, Ratanlal was killed after the assailants took away his weapon, Agarwal said.
Usendi was not in the house when three suspected Maoists, riding a motorcycle, fired at it on Thursday. Some relatives of the minister were present in the house at the time of the incident but they were unharmed.
Following the incident, the Chhattisgarh government immediately removed Kondagaon SP Deepak Jha and replaced him with Commandant Prashant Agarwal from the State Armed Forces (fifth battalion).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!