Poll code violation: HC seeks copy of FIR against Ajit Jogi
Bilaspur: The Bilaspur High Court on Saturday granted time till April 28 for submission of copy of FIR registered against former Chhattisgarh chief minister and Congress nominee Ajit Jogi and his reply in connection with a poll code violation case.
The single-judge bench of Justice Gautam Bhaduri today heard the final arguments on the case.
Jogi is contesting from Mahasamund Lok Sabha seat which went to polls on April 17.
The Election Commission had issued a show cause notice to Jogi for allegedly violating the model code of conduct by organising a dinner at Agrasen Bhavan in Dhamtari on April 13 without seeking its prior permission.
An FIR was lodged against him by the Assistant District Election Officer in Dhamtari on April 17, following which he was booked under section 188 of IPC (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant).
Jogi then filed a petition seeking quashing of the FIR against him under section 482 of CrPc, said Chhattisgarh Advocate General J K Gilda.
He said both the sides finished their arguments before the court. "The court has granted time till Monday for submission of the copy of the FIR and Jogi`s reply and may pronounce verdict after perusing through the documents," added Gilda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani
- IPL 9: AB de Villiers recalls 'the gamble' that paid off vs Gujarat Lions during 79-run knock
- Good news! Students can fly cheap on GoAir; carry up to 25 kg of baggage!
- 'Sultan' is Salman Khan's best performance: Randeep Hooda