Poll process starts in Chhattisgarh, EC team takes review
Raipur: The poll process in Chhattisgarh, which goes to assembly elections in two phases on November 11 and 19, was initiated on Friday with the issue of notification by Governor Shekhar Dutt.
In the first phase of polling on November 11, 18 assembly constituencies mainly in Naxal-hit districts, including Bastar, will go to polls while the remaining 72 constituencies will see polling in the second phase on November 19.
Top Election Commission officials, including Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath and Election Commissioner H S Brahma, today arrived here from Delhi to review the poll arrangements ahead of elections.
The EC team also held a meeting with representatives of political parties who aired their grievances. They will hold detailed discussions with state officials for smooth conduct of elections and to put in place arrangements to ensure safety of voters and poll officials.
Chhattisgarh has a total of 1,67,96,174 electors and 21,418 polling booths have been set up to elect the 90-member state assembly. While 10 seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes, another 29 are reserved for Scheduled Tribes.
The last date for nominations for the first phase is October 25 and after scrutiny the next day, the last date for withdrawal of nominations is October 28.
In the second phase of polling, the notification will be issued on October 25 and the last date for nominations is November 1 and after scrutiny the next day, the last date for withdrawal of nominations is November 4.
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan