Poll process starts in Chhattisgarh, EC team takes review
Raipur: The poll process in Chhattisgarh, which goes to assembly elections in two phases on November 11 and 19, was initiated on Friday with the issue of notification by Governor Shekhar Dutt.
In the first phase of polling on November 11, 18 assembly constituencies mainly in Naxal-hit districts, including Bastar, will go to polls while the remaining 72 constituencies will see polling in the second phase on November 19.
Top Election Commission officials, including Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath and Election Commissioner H S Brahma, today arrived here from Delhi to review the poll arrangements ahead of elections.
The EC team also held a meeting with representatives of political parties who aired their grievances. They will hold detailed discussions with state officials for smooth conduct of elections and to put in place arrangements to ensure safety of voters and poll officials.
Chhattisgarh has a total of 1,67,96,174 electors and 21,418 polling booths have been set up to elect the 90-member state assembly. While 10 seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes, another 29 are reserved for Scheduled Tribes.
The last date for nominations for the first phase is October 25 and after scrutiny the next day, the last date for withdrawal of nominations is October 28.
In the second phase of polling, the notification will be issued on October 25 and the last date for nominations is November 1 and after scrutiny the next day, the last date for withdrawal of nominations is November 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh