Power tariffs cheaper in Chhattisgarh than Delhi: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chief Minister Raman Singh today claimed in the Chhattisgarh Assembly that power tariffs in the state were cheaper than those in Delhi.
Speaking on the Motion of Thanks on the Governor`s address on the fourth day of the first session of the newly-elected Assembly, Singh said Congress was demanding tariff cuts as in Delhi, but in fact electricity rates in Chhattisgarh were already lower.
"In Chhattisgarh, 100 units of power costs Rs 126 to Below-Poverty-Line families while in Delhi it costs Rs 235. For general consumer, the consumption up to 100 unit costs Rs 2.10/unit while in Delhi it is Rs 4.27/unit," he said, after Congress MLA Amarjeet Bhagat made the demand of tariff-cut.
Per capita power consumption in the state had increased in the recent years, he added.
Results of the Assembly elections of the four states clearly indicated that BJP will storm to power at the Centre in the Lok Sabha elections, the Chief Minister said.
Earlier, speaking on the motion, Leader of Opposition T S Singhdeo said that most promises made by the BJP in its manifesto were not mentioned in the Governor`s address.
Several welfare schemes are being introduced but there is a need to ensure implementation, he said. He also demanded that state should provide rice free of cost to BPL families.
Singhdeo also targeted the ruling BJP over May 25 Darbha Valley Naxal attack in which Congress leaders were killed, demanding that Intelligence Bureau`s inputs before the attack and names of the officers who had these inputs be made public.
Earlier, second supplementary budget for the year 2013-14 of Rs 1,876.67 crore was tabled in the House by the Chief Minister. Discussion on it will be held tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price