Prez to embark on two-day Chhattisgarh visit today
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a two-day visit to Chhattisgarh on Tuesday during which he will inaugurate a new integrated terminal building of Swami Vivekananda Airport at Raipur besides attending other functions.
"The President will inaugurate the new Mantralaya Complex of Government of Chhattisgarh at Raipur and participate in the closing ceremony of the Rajyotsav Celebrations on November 6," a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said yesterday.
Mukherjee, who will visit the state for the first time after becoming the President, will be given a state banquet by the Governor on November 6.
He will visit Ramakrishna Mission Ashram at Narayanpur the following day to lay the foundation stones of two 500-seat hostels of the Tribal Welfare Department and an Industrial Training Institute Building of Ramakrishna Mission Ashram.
Narayanpur is one of the worst Naxal-hit districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray