Prez to embark on two-day Chhattisgarh visit today
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a two-day visit to Chhattisgarh on Tuesday during which he will inaugurate a new integrated terminal building of Swami Vivekananda Airport at Raipur besides attending other functions.
"The President will inaugurate the new Mantralaya Complex of Government of Chhattisgarh at Raipur and participate in the closing ceremony of the Rajyotsav Celebrations on November 6," a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said yesterday.
Mukherjee, who will visit the state for the first time after becoming the President, will be given a state banquet by the Governor on November 6.
He will visit Ramakrishna Mission Ashram at Narayanpur the following day to lay the foundation stones of two 500-seat hostels of the Tribal Welfare Department and an Industrial Training Institute Building of Ramakrishna Mission Ashram.
Narayanpur is one of the worst Naxal-hit districts of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill