Prez to embark on two-day Chhattisgarh visit today
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a two-day visit to Chhattisgarh on Tuesday during which he will inaugurate a new integrated terminal building of Swami Vivekananda Airport at Raipur besides attending other functions.
"The President will inaugurate the new Mantralaya Complex of Government of Chhattisgarh at Raipur and participate in the closing ceremony of the Rajyotsav Celebrations on November 6," a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said yesterday.
Mukherjee, who will visit the state for the first time after becoming the President, will be given a state banquet by the Governor on November 6.
He will visit Ramakrishna Mission Ashram at Narayanpur the following day to lay the foundation stones of two 500-seat hostels of the Tribal Welfare Department and an Industrial Training Institute Building of Ramakrishna Mission Ashram.
Narayanpur is one of the worst Naxal-hit districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie