Prez to embark on two-day Chhattisgarh visit today
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a two-day visit to Chhattisgarh on Tuesday during which he will inaugurate a new integrated terminal building of Swami Vivekananda Airport at Raipur besides attending other functions.
"The President will inaugurate the new Mantralaya Complex of Government of Chhattisgarh at Raipur and participate in the closing ceremony of the Rajyotsav Celebrations on November 6," a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said yesterday.
Mukherjee, who will visit the state for the first time after becoming the President, will be given a state banquet by the Governor on November 6.
He will visit Ramakrishna Mission Ashram at Narayanpur the following day to lay the foundation stones of two 500-seat hostels of the Tribal Welfare Department and an Industrial Training Institute Building of Ramakrishna Mission Ashram.
Narayanpur is one of the worst Naxal-hit districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars