Principal held for raping teenage student in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six months after he allegedly raped a teenaged student in the school premises, a 52-year-old principal of a government school was arrested on Thursday in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh.
Radheshyam Netam, principal at a higher secondary school in Ghanora village, around 250 kms away from here, was apprehended on a complaint by the 16-year-old victim, Kondagaon SP D Shravan said over phone.
Police said the incident took place in April in the premises of the school.
"The accused Netam had threatened the Class X student not to disclose the incident," the SP said.
However, she narrated her ordeal to her parents few days after the rape following which her parents approached a local panchayat seeking suitable action.
The matter was "closed" with the Panchayat imposing a fine on Netam.
The SP said the district administration came to know about the incident recently and the investigations started leading to Netam`s arrest.
A case has been registered against Netam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites