Principal held for raping teenage student in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six months after he allegedly raped a teenaged student in the school premises, a 52-year-old principal of a government school was arrested on Thursday in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh.
Radheshyam Netam, principal at a higher secondary school in Ghanora village, around 250 kms away from here, was apprehended on a complaint by the 16-year-old victim, Kondagaon SP D Shravan said over phone.
Police said the incident took place in April in the premises of the school.
"The accused Netam had threatened the Class X student not to disclose the incident," the SP said.
However, she narrated her ordeal to her parents few days after the rape following which her parents approached a local panchayat seeking suitable action.
The matter was "closed" with the Panchayat imposing a fine on Netam.
The SP said the district administration came to know about the incident recently and the investigations started leading to Netam`s arrest.
A case has been registered against Netam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"