Principal held for raping teenage student in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six months after he allegedly raped a teenaged student in the school premises, a 52-year-old principal of a government school was arrested on Thursday in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh.
Radheshyam Netam, principal at a higher secondary school in Ghanora village, around 250 kms away from here, was apprehended on a complaint by the 16-year-old victim, Kondagaon SP D Shravan said over phone.
Police said the incident took place in April in the premises of the school.
"The accused Netam had threatened the Class X student not to disclose the incident," the SP said.
However, she narrated her ordeal to her parents few days after the rape following which her parents approached a local panchayat seeking suitable action.
The matter was "closed" with the Panchayat imposing a fine on Netam.
The SP said the district administration came to know about the incident recently and the investigations started leading to Netam`s arrest.
A case has been registered against Netam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever