Principal held for raping teenage student in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six months after he allegedly raped a teenaged student in the school premises, a 52-year-old principal of a government school was arrested on Thursday in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh.
Radheshyam Netam, principal at a higher secondary school in Ghanora village, around 250 kms away from here, was apprehended on a complaint by the 16-year-old victim, Kondagaon SP D Shravan said over phone.
Police said the incident took place in April in the premises of the school.
"The accused Netam had threatened the Class X student not to disclose the incident," the SP said.
However, she narrated her ordeal to her parents few days after the rape following which her parents approached a local panchayat seeking suitable action.
The matter was "closed" with the Panchayat imposing a fine on Netam.
The SP said the district administration came to know about the incident recently and the investigations started leading to Netam`s arrest.
A case has been registered against Netam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies