Principal held for raping teenage student in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six months after he allegedly raped a teenaged student in the school premises, a 52-year-old principal of a government school was arrested on Thursday in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh.
Radheshyam Netam, principal at a higher secondary school in Ghanora village, around 250 kms away from here, was apprehended on a complaint by the 16-year-old victim, Kondagaon SP D Shravan said over phone.
Police said the incident took place in April in the premises of the school.
"The accused Netam had threatened the Class X student not to disclose the incident," the SP said.
However, she narrated her ordeal to her parents few days after the rape following which her parents approached a local panchayat seeking suitable action.
The matter was "closed" with the Panchayat imposing a fine on Netam.
The SP said the district administration came to know about the incident recently and the investigations started leading to Netam`s arrest.
A case has been registered against Netam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Narsingh Yadav dope case: Grappler took banned substance intentionally, claims CAS
- New Hyundai Elantra launched in India: Know all about price, features
- Shocking! Indian surgeons remove 40 knives from cop's stomach (Watch)
- India in talks with Singapore to amend DTAA provisions: CBDT
- NSG chief reveals IED was found in DRDO Bhawan