‘Rahul, Akhilesh & Omar have disappointed country`s youths`
Raipur: Criticising AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhileh Yadav and Jammu & Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah, BJP Yuva Morcha chief Anurag Thakur today alleged that the three leaders have disappointed the country`s youths as they "failed" to deliver.
"Three youth leaders -- J & K chief minister Omar Abdullah, UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav and AICC vice- president Rahul Gandhi had got an opportunity in politics to do something, but they failed badly," Thakur told reporters here on Friday.
"Both Abdullah and Yadav are involved in politics of appeasement and have encouraged communalism. Omar supports separatists...Nearly 27 riots were reported in the past couple of months in UP and Akhilesh failed to control them," Thakur, said.
Targetting Rahul Gandhi, the BJP MP from Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh) Lok Sabha constituency said, "During the last nine and half years of his government he did nothing and now he is telling to eat rotis to the people. He should be ashamed of his statement."
He was referring to Rahul Gandhi`s recent speech in which he said, "Poori roti khayenge, 100 din kaam karenge, dawaiee lenge aur Congress ko jitayenge" (Eat full roti, work for 100 days, receive free medicines and vote for Congress).
"Twenty years back, his grandmother (Indira Gandhi) had given `garibi hatayenge` (will remove poverty) slogan and now Rahul is also saying that," Thakur said.
"These leaders have disappointed the youths," he said.
Thakur also attacked the UPA government over corruption, unemployment, safety of women.
Replying to a query on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Thakur said, "As far as Narendra Modi is concerned, he is the most popular leader in the country today. People of the nation hope that only he can save the country from the clutches of Congress," Thakur said.
Praising the BJP-led government in Chhattisgarh, Thakur said "Out of the three newly-formed states, Chhattisgarh has attained the fastest growth."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?