‘Rahul, Akhilesh & Omar have disappointed country`s youths`
Raipur: Criticising AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhileh Yadav and Jammu & Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah, BJP Yuva Morcha chief Anurag Thakur today alleged that the three leaders have disappointed the country`s youths as they "failed" to deliver.
"Three youth leaders -- J & K chief minister Omar Abdullah, UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav and AICC vice- president Rahul Gandhi had got an opportunity in politics to do something, but they failed badly," Thakur told reporters here on Friday.
"Both Abdullah and Yadav are involved in politics of appeasement and have encouraged communalism. Omar supports separatists...Nearly 27 riots were reported in the past couple of months in UP and Akhilesh failed to control them," Thakur, said.
Targetting Rahul Gandhi, the BJP MP from Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh) Lok Sabha constituency said, "During the last nine and half years of his government he did nothing and now he is telling to eat rotis to the people. He should be ashamed of his statement."
He was referring to Rahul Gandhi`s recent speech in which he said, "Poori roti khayenge, 100 din kaam karenge, dawaiee lenge aur Congress ko jitayenge" (Eat full roti, work for 100 days, receive free medicines and vote for Congress).
"Twenty years back, his grandmother (Indira Gandhi) had given `garibi hatayenge` (will remove poverty) slogan and now Rahul is also saying that," Thakur said.
"These leaders have disappointed the youths," he said.
Thakur also attacked the UPA government over corruption, unemployment, safety of women.
Replying to a query on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Thakur said, "As far as Narendra Modi is concerned, he is the most popular leader in the country today. People of the nation hope that only he can save the country from the clutches of Congress," Thakur said.
Praising the BJP-led government in Chhattisgarh, Thakur said "Out of the three newly-formed states, Chhattisgarh has attained the fastest growth."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday