Rahul, Kejriwal no challenge for Modi for PM post: Raman Singh
Bhopal: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Sunday said neither Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi nor Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will affect Narendra Modi`s chances of becoming the country`s Prime Minister.
"Whoever comes, it won`t make any difference. 2014 (Lok Sabha) polls are pretty close and in the time to come Modi will become the Prime Minister of the country with full majority," Raman Singh told reporters when asked if Gandhi and Kejriwal would posed any challenge to Modi.
In the last parliamentary polls, the BJP had won 10 out of 11 Lok Sabha seats in Chhattisgarh, but this time the party will win all the 11 seats in the state to ensure Modi`s win, Singh said on the sidelines of an award function here.
Speaking about the Madhya Pradesh capital, he said, "Bhopal is one of the best state capitals in the country. I have spent nearly 10 years here and have a lot of fond memories of the city, which is full of natural beauty."
Earlier, Singh honoured acid attack victim Laxmi and social worker Kavita Bhattarai with the Ojaswani Award.
Laxmi`s crusade against acid attacks forced the Supreme Court to ban the open sale of acid in the market, while Bhattarai works for the welfare of leprosy patients.
The award was also given to Karuna Fhutane, who engaged in bringing change through organic farming; female Dalit entrepreneur Kalpana Saroj, international shooter Rajkumari Rathore and the couple Seema Rao and Deepak Rao who impart training to forces fighting against terrorism.
On the occasion, Raman Singh also highlighted various social programmes implemented by his government, including the ration card scheme in the name of women head of the family.
The award was instituted by the Ojaswani magazine`s editor Sudha Mallaiya, wife of Madhya Pradesh Finance Minister Jayant Mallaiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February