Rail budget disappointing: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh Tuesday termed the rail budget "highly disappointing" while opposition leaders called it "balanced and growth-oriented".
Talking to reporters in the state assembly, Raman Singh, heading the BJP government in the state, said it was a highly disappointing rail budget in which Chhattisgarh has been neglected.
"The people of Chhattisgarh had a lot of expectations from the budget because the state comes under a high-revenue generation region for the railways but the expectations were let down," he said.
When his attention was drawn to the new rail corridors provisioned for the state, he said: "These were actually state government projects, not of the railways."
But state Congress president Nandkumar Patel said: "It`s balanced, growth-oriented and people`s friendly as passenger fares has been left untouched and several new rail lines and surveys for new projects have been incorporated for Chhattisgarh".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan