Rail budget disappointing: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh Tuesday termed the rail budget "highly disappointing" while opposition leaders called it "balanced and growth-oriented".
Talking to reporters in the state assembly, Raman Singh, heading the BJP government in the state, said it was a highly disappointing rail budget in which Chhattisgarh has been neglected.
"The people of Chhattisgarh had a lot of expectations from the budget because the state comes under a high-revenue generation region for the railways but the expectations were let down," he said.
When his attention was drawn to the new rail corridors provisioned for the state, he said: "These were actually state government projects, not of the railways."
But state Congress president Nandkumar Patel said: "It`s balanced, growth-oriented and people`s friendly as passenger fares has been left untouched and several new rail lines and surveys for new projects have been incorporated for Chhattisgarh".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!