Rains claim four lives in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: At least four persons, including three children were killed on Tuesday and six others wounded in separate rain-related incidents in Chhattisgarh`s Janjgir-Champa district, police said.
Three children including two siblings were killed after a wall of the house suddenly came down this morning in Nawagarh, due to heavy rains, Janjgir-Champa Superintendent of Police Sheikh Arif Hussain told PTI.
Those killed were identified as Raju Kumar (7) his younger brother Ravi Kumar (5) and Sri Ram (8).
Rescuers rushed to the scene and pulled out the victims from the debris and shifted them to a local hospital where they were pronounced dead on arrival, the SP added.
In a separate incident, an elderly man died and six others were injured when roof of a house located at Dabhra block, caved in.
The locals dug out the body and injured from rubble and shifted them to Dabhra hospital, the SP said.
The deceased was identified as Jageshwar Ram Yadav (65).
The incidents occurred as the northern part of the district received heavy rainfall since yesterday.
However, no flood like situation has been reported from any part of the district, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends