Raipur court admits plea against Chhattisgarh CM
Raipur: A local court on Thursday admitted a petition against Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh and two others in connection with land allocation to Bharat Aluminium Company Ltd (BALCO).
The petition was filed by former Minister and senior Congress leader Bhupesh Baghel in the district court last month.
Besides Singh, former Chief Secretary P Joy Oommen and BALCO Chief Executive Officer Gunjan Gupta have been named in the petition filed under IPC and Prevention of Corruption Act.
The matter will now come up for hearing on September 22, court sources said.
In the petition, Baghel has alleged corruption and cheating by the state administration in regularisation of land illegally occupied by BALCO in Korba which led to a loss of Rs 140 crore to the state exchequer.
The Congress leader has accused Singh and Oommen of entering into a criminal conspiracy and causing loss to the Government in land allotment to the company.
District Judge B P Varma, however, rejected the petitioner`s prayer for an Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read