Raipur court admits plea against Chhattisgarh CM
Raipur: A local court on Thursday admitted a petition against Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh and two others in connection with land allocation to Bharat Aluminium Company Ltd (BALCO).
The petition was filed by former Minister and senior Congress leader Bhupesh Baghel in the district court last month.
Besides Singh, former Chief Secretary P Joy Oommen and BALCO Chief Executive Officer Gunjan Gupta have been named in the petition filed under IPC and Prevention of Corruption Act.
The matter will now come up for hearing on September 22, court sources said.
In the petition, Baghel has alleged corruption and cheating by the state administration in regularisation of land illegally occupied by BALCO in Korba which led to a loss of Rs 140 crore to the state exchequer.
The Congress leader has accused Singh and Oommen of entering into a criminal conspiracy and causing loss to the Government in land allotment to the company.
District Judge B P Varma, however, rejected the petitioner`s prayer for an Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`