Raipur: Naxal killed in police encounter
Raipur: A Naxalite was on Friday killed in an exchange of fire with security personnel after a joint team of BSF and police destroyed a Maoist camp in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh.
The face-off between the security men and Naxals took place in Edanar jungles at Tadoki area after the team reached the site on a tip-off about increased Naxal activities in the area, Kanker SP Rahul Bhagat said.
According to police, Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on seeing the team following which they retaliated, leaving one Maoist dead. The others fled the spot taking advantage of the dense jungles.
Also, several weapons including guns, tiffin bombs, detonators and wires were recovered from the encounter site, where a Naxal platoon had set up a temporary camp, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster