Raipur: Naxal killed in police encounter
Raipur: A Naxalite was on Friday killed in an exchange of fire with security personnel after a joint team of BSF and police destroyed a Maoist camp in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh.
The face-off between the security men and Naxals took place in Edanar jungles at Tadoki area after the team reached the site on a tip-off about increased Naxal activities in the area, Kanker SP Rahul Bhagat said.
According to police, Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on seeing the team following which they retaliated, leaving one Maoist dead. The others fled the spot taking advantage of the dense jungles.
Also, several weapons including guns, tiffin bombs, detonators and wires were recovered from the encounter site, where a Naxal platoon had set up a temporary camp, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended