Raipur: Naxal killed in police encounter
Raipur: A Naxalite was on Friday killed in an exchange of fire with security personnel after a joint team of BSF and police destroyed a Maoist camp in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh.
The face-off between the security men and Naxals took place in Edanar jungles at Tadoki area after the team reached the site on a tip-off about increased Naxal activities in the area, Kanker SP Rahul Bhagat said.
According to police, Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on seeing the team following which they retaliated, leaving one Maoist dead. The others fled the spot taking advantage of the dense jungles.
Also, several weapons including guns, tiffin bombs, detonators and wires were recovered from the encounter site, where a Naxal platoon had set up a temporary camp, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city