Raipur: one Maoist killed, another captured
Raipur: One Maoist was killed and another was captured after Naxals ambushed the security personnel near Puhimal village in Gariaband police district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday, a senior police officer said.
"A joint patrolling team of CRPF and the district police has gunned down a naxalite and arrested another in an encounter near Puhimal village under Mainpur station limits," he added.
Durg Inspector General of Police, R K Vij, said. The joint team, which had gone to Puhimal following inputs about the naxal activity in the area this morning, came
under attack by the Red ultras on their way back, which was repulsed by the security personnel, Vij added.
The police recovered a dead body of the slain naxal, who is yet to be identified, and four rifles from the spot while another ultra was apprehended from nearby.
As the incident took place at areas bordering Odisha, the police have launched a hunt in the area. Gariaband was notified as a police district following rise in the naxal activities in Raipur district.
On May 23, nine police personnel, including an additional superintendent of police, were killed in the naxal attack in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH