Raipur: one Maoist killed, another captured
Raipur: One Maoist was killed and another was captured after Naxals ambushed the security personnel near Puhimal village in Gariaband police district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday, a senior police officer said.
"A joint patrolling team of CRPF and the district police has gunned down a naxalite and arrested another in an encounter near Puhimal village under Mainpur station limits," he added.
Durg Inspector General of Police, R K Vij, said. The joint team, which had gone to Puhimal following inputs about the naxal activity in the area this morning, came
under attack by the Red ultras on their way back, which was repulsed by the security personnel, Vij added.
The police recovered a dead body of the slain naxal, who is yet to be identified, and four rifles from the spot while another ultra was apprehended from nearby.
As the incident took place at areas bordering Odisha, the police have launched a hunt in the area. Gariaband was notified as a police district following rise in the naxal activities in Raipur district.
On May 23, nine police personnel, including an additional superintendent of police, were killed in the naxal attack in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter