Rajnath praises Raman Singh govt for combating Maoists
Gwalior: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Friday said the Chhattisgarh government led by Raman Singh deserves compliment for dealing effectively with Maoists despite not getting the desired support from the Centre.
Accusing the Congress of indulging in politics on Naxal issue, Rajnath said, "Despite not getting the desired support from the Centre, the Raman Singh government has effectively dealt with the menace of Maoism and he deserves to be complimented for it."
He was addressing Madhya Pradesh BJP`s two-day conference.
Rajnath said after the May 25 attack by Maoists on Congress leaders, BJP has postponed its nationwide `jail bharo` agitation but the Congress has blamed BJP for it (the attack).
Calling Maoism a major challenge before the country, he quoted a survey to claim that more than 51 percent of the people believe that BJP could tackle the problem effectively.
He said the Chhattisgarh government has already ordered a judicial probe into the May 25 attack and its report will make the entire thing "crystal clear".
Rajnath also blamed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the alleged coal scam, since he headed the coal ministry when the scam was supposed to have taken place.
Singh also praised Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s government for running its Rs 1 per kg wheat and Rs 2 per kg rice schemes, claiming that no one could stop him from scoring a hat-trick in the year-end assembly polls in that state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself