Rajnath wants two-third majority in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: BJP president Rajnath Singh Wednesday praised Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh and asked the party`s youth leaders to ensure his third consecutive victory in assembly elections to be held later this year.
Addressing a state-level convention organised by the Chhattisgarh unit of the (BJYM) at Naya Raipur, Rajnath Singh called upon youth cadres of the party to intensify efforts to ensure a victory for the BJP with two-third majority.
The BJP, which is in power in the state since December 2003, has presently 49 members in a 90-member state assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard
- Mitsubishi Motors overstated fuel economy on eight more models - Nikkei