Raman Singh campaigns in Bastar
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Thursday addressed two public gatherings in Bastar region, the tribal heartland, and appealed people to vote BJP to power for the third time.
Singh also made a pitch for BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying that by electing him as the next PM people should send a clear message to Congress that they will not tolerate it anymore.
People of the state had elected BJP twice and once again they will show faith in the party due to its development record, he said.
It is the trust of the people which forms the government and Congress-led UPA at the Centre had "broken" the faith of people, he said.
Singh addressed rallies at Chhindgarh in Sukma district and Kuakonda in Dantewada in southern Bastar. Chhattisgarh had got rid of hunger and migration, he said, claiming that nobody worries about two meals a day as his government had introduced food security bill.
Bastar was neglected for 60 years during Congress`s rule but the picture changed completely in ten years of BJP regime, he added.
"For changing the destiny and face of the country Modi should be made the next Prime Minister," he said. As many as 18 constituencies of south Chhattisgarh will go to polls on November 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!