Raman Singh condemns naxal attack on Cong leader`s house
Raipur: Chhatishgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has condemned the Maoist attack on the house of a Congress leader in Dantewada district killing two of his relatives, official sources said on Friday.
Singh said the attack on the residence of leader Avdesh Gautam yesterday which also left two persons injured including his son and a security personnel, has revealed the
"inhuman and brutal" side of the naxals.
The CM, expressing grief over the incident has offered his condolences to the deceased and wished speedy recovery for the injured, admitted to a hospital in Jagdalpur.
Armed Naxalites struck at the Kuakonda police station in Dantewada in the early hours yesterday, drawing retaliation from the police personnel.
Police claimed that six Naxalites were killed in the gun battle. However, their bodies are yet to be recovered.
After that they attacked the house of Gautam in nearby Nakulnar village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000