Raman Singh condemns naxal attack on Cong leader`s house
Raipur: Chhatishgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has condemned the Maoist attack on the house of a Congress leader in Dantewada district killing two of his relatives, official sources said on Friday.
Singh said the attack on the residence of leader Avdesh Gautam yesterday which also left two persons injured including his son and a security personnel, has revealed the
"inhuman and brutal" side of the naxals.
The CM, expressing grief over the incident has offered his condolences to the deceased and wished speedy recovery for the injured, admitted to a hospital in Jagdalpur.
Armed Naxalites struck at the Kuakonda police station in Dantewada in the early hours yesterday, drawing retaliation from the police personnel.
Police claimed that six Naxalites were killed in the gun battle. However, their bodies are yet to be recovered.
After that they attacked the house of Gautam in nearby Nakulnar village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider