Raman Singh condemns naxal attack on Cong leader`s house
Raipur: Chhatishgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has condemned the Maoist attack on the house of a Congress leader in Dantewada district killing two of his relatives, official sources said on Friday.
Singh said the attack on the residence of leader Avdesh Gautam yesterday which also left two persons injured including his son and a security personnel, has revealed the
"inhuman and brutal" side of the naxals.
The CM, expressing grief over the incident has offered his condolences to the deceased and wished speedy recovery for the injured, admitted to a hospital in Jagdalpur.
Armed Naxalites struck at the Kuakonda police station in Dantewada in the early hours yesterday, drawing retaliation from the police personnel.
Police claimed that six Naxalites were killed in the gun battle. However, their bodies are yet to be recovered.
After that they attacked the house of Gautam in nearby Nakulnar village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown