‘Raman Singh govt kept Assembly in dark over tours
Raipur: Congress leader Ajit Jogi on Saturday accused the Chhattisgarh government of keeping the Assembly in the "dark" over expenses incurred on official tours and demanded from Chief Minister Raman Singh and his cabinet to colleagues make these public.
"The BJP government headed by Raman Singh has undertaken foreign tours for many times on varied reasons including foreign investments and alike in the last nine years. However, the government did not inform either the state Assembly or common people about these expenses and benefits, if any," the former chief minister claimed.
Jogi alleged that the Raman Singh government spends "generously" towards advertisements whenever senior BJP leaders visit the state. "A heavy burden is inflicted on the state treasury in name of good governance," he said.
"Crores of rupees were spent on Chhattisgarh Diwas celebrations. The state has incurred huge losses in power generation while the Central funds go unused. The common people want to known about the loan from World Bank, expenses from CM`s Contingency Fund and royalty the government received from mining," Jogi said.
He demanded that expenses on domestic and foreign tours of Raman Singh government in the last nine years be made public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy