‘Raman Singh govt kept Assembly in dark over tours
Raipur: Congress leader Ajit Jogi on Saturday accused the Chhattisgarh government of keeping the Assembly in the "dark" over expenses incurred on official tours and demanded from Chief Minister Raman Singh and his cabinet to colleagues make these public.
"The BJP government headed by Raman Singh has undertaken foreign tours for many times on varied reasons including foreign investments and alike in the last nine years. However, the government did not inform either the state Assembly or common people about these expenses and benefits, if any," the former chief minister claimed.
Jogi alleged that the Raman Singh government spends "generously" towards advertisements whenever senior BJP leaders visit the state. "A heavy burden is inflicted on the state treasury in name of good governance," he said.
"Crores of rupees were spent on Chhattisgarh Diwas celebrations. The state has incurred huge losses in power generation while the Central funds go unused. The common people want to known about the loan from World Bank, expenses from CM`s Contingency Fund and royalty the government received from mining," Jogi said.
He demanded that expenses on domestic and foreign tours of Raman Singh government in the last nine years be made public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India