Raman Singh govt to build 1000-kms roads in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh government has sanctioned Rs 500 crore under its `Mukhyamantri Gram Gaurav Path Yojana` for construction of roads up to 1,000 kms covering 3,300 villages during the 2013-14 fiscal, a senior Minister said today.
"The state government has given administrative sanction of Rs 500 crore in the ongoing financial year for construction of roads up to 1000 kms in 3300 villages of state under the Mukhyamantri Gram Gaurav Path Yojana. The roads will be constructed during the next fiscal (FY 2013-14)", said Panchayat and Rural Welfare Minister Hemchand Yadav.
Villages located in remote and far-flung areas will be connected by extending the ambit of the MGGPY, currently applicable to urban areas, he said.
"The approved width of roads, to be constructed under this scheme, is 6 metres. While the concrete roads will be 4 metres wide in the middle, concrete paving to the tune of 0.50 metre width will be done on either side of roads. Additionally, V-shaped drains will also be constructed on either side of the roads", he explained.
Yadav said the state government will start laying 0.5 km-long stretches in each of the select 1,000 villages in the 2013-14 fiscal, totalling 500 km, and eventually try to complete the rest.
"A loan of Rs 181 crore was approved in year 2012-13 for construction of 1098 roads under NABARD, and construction work under this project has already been started in 825 villages", Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines