Raman Singh govt to build 1000-kms roads in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh government has sanctioned Rs 500 crore under its `Mukhyamantri Gram Gaurav Path Yojana` for construction of roads up to 1,000 kms covering 3,300 villages during the 2013-14 fiscal, a senior Minister said today.
"The state government has given administrative sanction of Rs 500 crore in the ongoing financial year for construction of roads up to 1000 kms in 3300 villages of state under the Mukhyamantri Gram Gaurav Path Yojana. The roads will be constructed during the next fiscal (FY 2013-14)", said Panchayat and Rural Welfare Minister Hemchand Yadav.
Villages located in remote and far-flung areas will be connected by extending the ambit of the MGGPY, currently applicable to urban areas, he said.
"The approved width of roads, to be constructed under this scheme, is 6 metres. While the concrete roads will be 4 metres wide in the middle, concrete paving to the tune of 0.50 metre width will be done on either side of roads. Additionally, V-shaped drains will also be constructed on either side of the roads", he explained.
Yadav said the state government will start laying 0.5 km-long stretches in each of the select 1,000 villages in the 2013-14 fiscal, totalling 500 km, and eventually try to complete the rest.
"A loan of Rs 181 crore was approved in year 2012-13 for construction of 1098 roads under NABARD, and construction work under this project has already been started in 825 villages", Yadav added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani