Raman Singh has played with the esteem of Chhattisgarh: Shukla
Raipur: BJP stalwart Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s niece Karuna Shukla, who has joined Congress, on Sunday attacked Chhattisgarh Chief Minister and BJP leader Raman Singh, saying that he had "played with the pride and esteem of the state."
Shukla said this after formally accepting the membership of Congress in the presence of PCC chief Bhupesh Baghel and the Leader of Opposition in the Assembly T S Singh Dev at the Congress Bhawan here.
Shukla`s decision to join Congress was announced by the party on Thursday.
"Raman Singh has not only finished the tribal leadership in Chhattisgarh, but has also played with the esteem and pride of the state," she said.
About the decision to join Congress, Shukla said after 32 years of service, she was going to her "in-laws house from her parents` house."
"Congress is an old party. The contribution made by it for the nation cannot be forgotten. After spending half my life in BJP, I will spend the remaining life in Congress," she said.
On a question on corruption, Shukla said," Congress has itself send its corrupt leaders to jail, but BJP is a party which has taken back Yeddyurappa for the sake of power."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...