Raman Singh inaugurates IIM-Raipur
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman
Singh today inaugurated country`s 10th Indian Institute of
Management (IIM) in the state capital by inducting the first
batch of 71 students in the elite business school.
"Chhattisgarh does not want to lag in management studies.
Hence, IIM-Raipur`s `Post Graduation Programme` is being run
in engineering college premises itself," Singh said.
At present, IIM-Raipur will be run from the engineering
college at Sejbahar. Its huge campus will come up on 200
hectares allotted for the institute in Raipur, officials said.
Speaking on the occasion, Indian Institute of Management,
Indore, Director, N Ravindran said IIM-Raipur has seven per
cent non-engineering students as against average four per cent
in other institutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead